Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Little History

It occurs to me I would like to add a little history—mostly in order to post some of the pictures I have taken in the past few years.  And as picture taking is one of my “hobbies”--or weaknesses, whichever seems suitable at the moment, I thought I would like to share this thing about me.  I admit this is ‘all about me’ and not about Bob as he takes few pictures and is in fewer of my pictures than he would like.  He thinks pictures should have people in them and I tend to take pictures of things with as few people as possible—unless I remember to get a picture of Bob near some sight we are enjoying.

Following are some shots from a cruise we took from Venice to Egypt to Israel and back to Venice via Croatia and Athens.

The fascinating city of Venice.

 
 The Sphinx out of Cairo

 
The Garden Tomb in Jersalem

 
 Olive Tree in the Garden of Gethsemane

 The Acropolis in Athens

 Burano, one of the Islands near Venice

Then there are various pictures of some of our many family members.  More of these will, I'm sure, show up in subsequent posts, but this is for starters and not intended to leave anyone out as we love all equally.

 Tony and Derek on Hurricane Ridge, part of a little hike in the Olympics

 Derek and Bob at Hurricane Ridge just because it is such a cute picture!



 Steve and Regina's family somewhere in Pennsylvania when we visited them in Baltimore


 Marissa's special day at the Washington DC Temple.  With Ric, Gayle, Steve, Marissa, Heather, Bob and Tony

 A visit with Rob in New York where we got to have lunch with Brian and Eddie (and Katie of course).  Nice four generation picture!

 New York City with Rob and Nong and Chris.


One of the more enjoyable cruises we took was through the British Isles in October of 2011.  We enjoyed good company as well as the beautiful scenery of the British Isles and a quick trip to Paris.  


 On the windy cliffs of Ireland

 The rock formation here was amazingly interesting, almost perfect hexagonal columns standing perfectly adjacent as if tightly fitted puzzle pieces.

 The Bridge over the river Doon, or Brig-O-Doon.  I also like the thistles and bees.

 In Glasgow, Scotland many of the outside walls of the buildings had murals painted on them.  The one on the right is Bob.

As I said lovely Paris, France was part of our Cruise of the British Isles.  It was lovely to see again.

The most recent family event on Tony's side of the family was Adam's and Samreen's wedding in New Jersey.  The wedding was amazing and we had a wonderful time touring with Dennie, Steve, Rachael, Ben, Adam, Samreen, Nesreen, Meriam, Bob and Me as well as some of Adam's friends from Shoreline.

 This is Samreen's wedding dress which was gorgeous. I love this picture with Derek lurking in the background.

Samreen changed into an even more spectacular dress for the wedding reception.


No comments:

Post a Comment